Thursday, April 26, 2012

The opening of Sacha Baron Cohen's The Dictator

I'm not 100 per cent sold on the comedy of Sacha Baron Cohen. I've enjoyed parts of his work but, as a whole, don't find him to be quite the comic genus many claim him to be.

That said, I laughed my ass off through the opening one minute and 44 seconds of his upcoming comedy The Dictator.

Pitched as the heroic story of a dictator who risks his life to ensure that democracy will never come to the country he so lovingly oppressed, The Dictator sees Cohen once again disappear into a character, much as he did with Borat and Bruno. 

I thought Borat ran out of steam after about 20 minutes and I admit to not seeing Bruno. But, if all of The Dictator can sustain the energy and humour of the below clip, this could be a real winner.

We'll know more when The Dictator opens nationwide on May 16.

No comments:

Post a Comment