Skip to main content

Jason and Shawn review: Choose and Dead Hooker in a Trunk

Choose

Jason: Or, as I like to call it, an excuse to stare at Katheryn Winnick's chest for 90 minutes. Or Katheryn Winnick in general. This is a disposal horror thriller. It's like Saw or Scream, only not as clever. I spent more time playing on my iPad and chatting with Mike S on Twitter than I did paying attention to this movie. That pretty much tells you everything you need to know about Choose. I can't give this an Ugly because then it'd be a slight against Katheryn Winnick. But, if you want to perv on her in a good movie check out Satan's Little Helper. Otherwise this is just Bad.

Shawn: Pretty decent start to a movie. Got me looking. Speaking of looking: hot blonde in a shower scene! Still looking!! No boobs :(. Interest fading. Hey, investigative reporter seeking serial killer with links to her own family? Sounds all too familiar. Girl with the Terrible Boobies ring a bell!?! You know what, at least I saw boobs in that movie. This is another borefest cheesy story with a lame twist. All in all, a PG version of the suckjob that is Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. There, I said it. Because this movie made me give the other movie a little more respect. BoooUgly!

Dead Hooker in a Trunk

Jason: Not only is Dead Hooker in a Trunk the best title for a movie ever, but it's one of the best first films/low budget efforts I've ever seen. Yes, this movie is ridiculous, but it's supposed to be. It's a grindhouse version of Scooby Doo only without someone saying “I'd have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you meddling kids.” Props to Jen and Sylvia Soska. Not only did they write and direct this, but they starred in it and they did their own stunts. It can't be easy getting dragged behind a horse.This film has a heart and a soul and is a lot of fun. Aspiring filmmakers need to see it. Dead Hooker rates a Good, and I want to show it to all my movie geek friends!

Shawn: Dead hooker. In a trunk. Where else would you find one? This movie does with a low budget what only big budget movies wish they could do. And chainsaw a person! You showed me what you could, and I appreciate that. Everyone needs a friend that will knock out a trucker that just tore your arm off with his truck, then retrieve your arm for you. That's so sweet! Low budget movie fans, FUCK YEAH! This movie is goodness. It's disturbing, showed what it could, and they did a pretty damn good job! "Like dying could kill me." Bravo. I'll be watching it again. Good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Justin Cider welcomes a Homewrecker to the Fanily

COVID-19 has impacted pretty much everything and, although some industries have slowly been able to get rolling again, sport is one that remains in limbo. This holds true for the world of Thrash Wrestling, which we in The Basement are a proud sponsor of. But the men and woman of Thrash Wrestling continue to challenge each other, and entertain fans, in a creative way. Which is why Jason and Shawn welcome Thrash Wrestler Justin Cider into the ring... err, Basement, when From The Basements takes over the Radio NL 610 AM airwaves at 6:05 tonight! Cider will update listeners on how Thrash Wrestling continues with social distancing in place. And he'll shed some light on the future of the sport, how people can support his Fanily, and more! And stick with us, as Justin joins The Basement Boys for a review of the new horror/comedy Homewrecker starring Alex Essoe and Precious Chong. Does this female-focused comedic thriller deliver the goods? Tune in after the 6 o'clock news ...

Top 5 quotes from the Rambo franchise

It's Rambo Day, which means it's a day we celebrate all things Rambo. And no, we didn't make that up. It's a real thing, and part of the lead in to Rambo: Last Blood coming out on Friday. We were going to celebrate by doing a Top 5 favourite Rambo kills, but the fine folks at Arrow in the Head already did something like that, so I figured why not share our favourite Rambo quotes. I like quotes. Quotes are good. Anyway, here we go with our Top 5, in no particular order: 5) "They drew first blood." - John Rambo, First Blood (1982) Because it's always cool when the hero references the title of the movie in a quote. 4) "Live for nothing, or die for something. Your call." - John Rambo, Rambo (2008) Because it's 100-per-cent truth, and is the exclamation mark on a great monologue by Stallone. 3) "I could have killed 'em all. I could kill you. In town, you're the law. Out here, it's me. Don't push it, or I'l...

Grace Victoria Patterson returns

What's this? Two podcasts From The Basement in less than nine months? Has the world gone mad!?! No, but when past Basement guest Grace Victoria Patterson asked nicely if she could return to this fine podcast, Jason and Shawn -- agreeable sorts that they are -- said yes. Hence we have this new episode for your ear holes! Grace provides an update on her career, which has seen the cheerleader-turned-actress appear in no fewer than eight films plus a TV series, with more projects on the way. She and Jason talk all about this, plus some other stuff. What kind of stuff? Stick with us! And stay tuned, as The Basement Boys discuss a whole slew of movies and television, including the Netflix Jimmy Savile documentary, The Batman, the horror romp The Cellar and more! It's podcasting that's so awesome, you'll be awesomed out by its awesomeness! What are you waiting for? Push play and enjoy!