Friday, June 24, 2011

Retro Review: Fright Night

I first saw this movie back in 1985. It's the first horror film I watched in a theatre and it scared the crap out of me. Now it's just a great funhouse ride of laughs, scares and gruesome, but fun, visual effects. Chris Sarandon is just awesome as the vampire and Roddy McDowall is a joy to watch as Peter Vincent: Vampire Killer. This was made back when horror movies, and movies in general, were a lot of fun and it shows. I find it hard to believe the remake will have anywhere near the energy and wit writer/director Tom Holland put into every frame of his movie. A Good for me.

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree- especially about how movies movies had more fun and energy to them without even trying. Too many movies take themselves too seriously these days... or is simply a rehash of what came before... or trying too hard to be "cool" by being 3D.

    I miss the 80's type of movies...

    ReplyDelete