Skip to main content

Halloween 3D gets a release date

There was a time when news of another Halloween film would have filled me with a dark kind of joy. Given that Halloween 3D is supposed to be a continuation of the story Rob Zombie ended in his Halloween 2 and will contain the component of three extra dollars, I'm less than jazzed.

Empireonline.com is reporting that the film is slated for an Oct. 28, 2012 release. No word yet on if director Patrick (My Bloody Valentine 3D and Drive Angry) Lussier and screenwriter Todd Farmer are still involved. The two were attached to the project a year or so ago but moved on to Drive Angry instead.

The plot, according to Lussier talking to MTV last year, picks up right after Zombie's Halloween 2 and strips the character back to his John Carpenter roots, whatever that means. And again, what's the point given Zombie's interpretation was finished.

This project stinks of pure greed on the part of the producers and studio, Dimension Films. I love the Halloween series, but feel Carpenter's and Zombie's stories have been told. Leave it alone.

But you know, if it does get made, I will be compelled to watch it like a moth drawn into the light.

Comments

  1. It'll be interesting to see how they continue it- since Laurie did a good number jabbing MM at the end. Or will they consider this to be a reboot?

    Either way, I won't see it in 3D... though I might watch it on DVD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know for a fact I'll watch it on DVD because I'm a completist. But I don't put much stock in it being great. I wonder what Rob Zombie thinks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe his feelings inspired him with the Woolite ad...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Justin Cider welcomes a Homewrecker to the Fanily

COVID-19 has impacted pretty much everything and, although some industries have slowly been able to get rolling again, sport is one that remains in limbo. This holds true for the world of Thrash Wrestling, which we in The Basement are a proud sponsor of. But the men and woman of Thrash Wrestling continue to challenge each other, and entertain fans, in a creative way. Which is why Jason and Shawn welcome Thrash Wrestler Justin Cider into the ring... err, Basement, when From The Basements takes over the Radio NL 610 AM airwaves at 6:05 tonight! Cider will update listeners on how Thrash Wrestling continues with social distancing in place. And he'll shed some light on the future of the sport, how people can support his Fanily, and more! And stick with us, as Justin joins The Basement Boys for a review of the new horror/comedy Homewrecker starring Alex Essoe and Precious Chong. Does this female-focused comedic thriller deliver the goods? Tune in after the 6 o'clock news ...

Top 5 quotes from the Rambo franchise

It's Rambo Day, which means it's a day we celebrate all things Rambo. And no, we didn't make that up. It's a real thing, and part of the lead in to Rambo: Last Blood coming out on Friday. We were going to celebrate by doing a Top 5 favourite Rambo kills, but the fine folks at Arrow in the Head already did something like that, so I figured why not share our favourite Rambo quotes. I like quotes. Quotes are good. Anyway, here we go with our Top 5, in no particular order: 5) "They drew first blood." - John Rambo, First Blood (1982) Because it's always cool when the hero references the title of the movie in a quote. 4) "Live for nothing, or die for something. Your call." - John Rambo, Rambo (2008) Because it's 100-per-cent truth, and is the exclamation mark on a great monologue by Stallone. 3) "I could have killed 'em all. I could kill you. In town, you're the law. Out here, it's me. Don't push it, or I'l...

Grace Victoria Patterson returns

What's this? Two podcasts From The Basement in less than nine months? Has the world gone mad!?! No, but when past Basement guest Grace Victoria Patterson asked nicely if she could return to this fine podcast, Jason and Shawn -- agreeable sorts that they are -- said yes. Hence we have this new episode for your ear holes! Grace provides an update on her career, which has seen the cheerleader-turned-actress appear in no fewer than eight films plus a TV series, with more projects on the way. She and Jason talk all about this, plus some other stuff. What kind of stuff? Stick with us! And stay tuned, as The Basement Boys discuss a whole slew of movies and television, including the Netflix Jimmy Savile documentary, The Batman, the horror romp The Cellar and more! It's podcasting that's so awesome, you'll be awesomed out by its awesomeness! What are you waiting for? Push play and enjoy!