Skip to main content

Run, Bandit, Run: "Bandit: Bandit, Bandit" (1994)

 


We are back on the highway again, keeping the flashing lights of Smokey's car in the rearview mirror, and adventure on the horizon as we bring you the fifth installment of the "Smokey and the Bandit" franchise.

An imposter has stolen Bandit's rig and a prototype car he was hired to deliver.  Using everything at his disposal, he has to chase down this rogue and get the car back.

All, while avoiding "Smokey"...

"Bandit: Bandit, Bandit" is the second made for TV movie in the franchise.  You can tell that the TV movies were meant to be a TV series, as the opening credits look exactly like the one from "Bandit: Bandit Goes Country", and looks very TV series-ish. 

I mentioned in my review of "Bandit: Bandit Goes Country" that it had a weird "90210"/"Dukes of Hazzard" vibe to it.  Well... imagine my surprise and amusement when "Smokey" (in the form of Sheriff Enright) is revealed to be played by John Schneider.

Bo fucking Duke!

I have to say that I certainly appreciated the irony of one of the most iconic "outlaws" of TV now wearing a Sheriff's uniform.

I was actually surprised by this TV movie.  It had a fun atmosphere, and charm that did bring to mind the fun and wit of the original movie.  The comedy was a bit more understated than the movie- but lighthearted spirit of it was absolutely there.

The acting in this movie was improved from the previous one.  I quite enjoyed Brian Bloom in the role of Bandit.  I also enjoyed Brian Krause as Bandit's friend/partner in crime, Lynn.  Schneider brought a wonderful arrogance to the Sheriff's role without overpowering the rest of the cast.

This installment of the "Smokey and the Bandit" franchise was a quick paced story with some nice little action sequences.  It's not a deep movie by any stretch of the highway.  It knows that it's job is to entertain and pass the time- and it does it quite well in my opinion.

If I'm ever in the mood for a bit of 1990's TV nostalgia, I think that I would actually consider putting this movie on for a re-watch.  I'm going to give it a "Good".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Justin Cider welcomes a Homewrecker to the Fanily

COVID-19 has impacted pretty much everything and, although some industries have slowly been able to get rolling again, sport is one that remains in limbo. This holds true for the world of Thrash Wrestling, which we in The Basement are a proud sponsor of. But the men and woman of Thrash Wrestling continue to challenge each other, and entertain fans, in a creative way. Which is why Jason and Shawn welcome Thrash Wrestler Justin Cider into the ring... err, Basement, when From The Basements takes over the Radio NL 610 AM airwaves at 6:05 tonight! Cider will update listeners on how Thrash Wrestling continues with social distancing in place. And he'll shed some light on the future of the sport, how people can support his Fanily, and more! And stick with us, as Justin joins The Basement Boys for a review of the new horror/comedy Homewrecker starring Alex Essoe and Precious Chong. Does this female-focused comedic thriller deliver the goods? Tune in after the 6 o'clock news ...

Top 5 quotes from the Rambo franchise

It's Rambo Day, which means it's a day we celebrate all things Rambo. And no, we didn't make that up. It's a real thing, and part of the lead in to Rambo: Last Blood coming out on Friday. We were going to celebrate by doing a Top 5 favourite Rambo kills, but the fine folks at Arrow in the Head already did something like that, so I figured why not share our favourite Rambo quotes. I like quotes. Quotes are good. Anyway, here we go with our Top 5, in no particular order: 5) "They drew first blood." - John Rambo, First Blood (1982) Because it's always cool when the hero references the title of the movie in a quote. 4) "Live for nothing, or die for something. Your call." - John Rambo, Rambo (2008) Because it's 100-per-cent truth, and is the exclamation mark on a great monologue by Stallone. 3) "I could have killed 'em all. I could kill you. In town, you're the law. Out here, it's me. Don't push it, or I'l...

Grace Victoria Patterson returns

What's this? Two podcasts From The Basement in less than nine months? Has the world gone mad!?! No, but when past Basement guest Grace Victoria Patterson asked nicely if she could return to this fine podcast, Jason and Shawn -- agreeable sorts that they are -- said yes. Hence we have this new episode for your ear holes! Grace provides an update on her career, which has seen the cheerleader-turned-actress appear in no fewer than eight films plus a TV series, with more projects on the way. She and Jason talk all about this, plus some other stuff. What kind of stuff? Stick with us! And stay tuned, as The Basement Boys discuss a whole slew of movies and television, including the Netflix Jimmy Savile documentary, The Batman, the horror romp The Cellar and more! It's podcasting that's so awesome, you'll be awesomed out by its awesomeness! What are you waiting for? Push play and enjoy!