Skip to main content

#52BottlesOfBeer 27: Iron Road Raspberry Juice Train


When I think of Fridays, I think of how, often late at night, the soft sound of the train whistle can be heard as I sleep.  A soothing, relaxing sound beckoning me to ride that iron road to explore new lands... and new beers...

The label for Iron Road Brewing's Raspberry Juice Train is bold in colour, but simple in design.  The ragged black and red background catches your eye, white the central picture draws your focus.  I love the rather whimsical image of a train cart carrying large raspberries.  There is a wonderful balance between the black, red, and white portions, that I find quite appealing.


The brew itself has a marvelous raspberry red colour to it that almost fools you into thinking it's actually a fruit punch.  The head of foam isn't much to write about though, as it dissipates fairly quickly.  I liked how the beer's colour almost matched the bold red colour of the label.

This raspberry sour saison has a nice, tart first sip.  I sat up and took notice of the blend of sour, and fruity flavors.  I perked, up and was looking forward to my next sip.  I wasn't disappointed.  Iron Road's brew was consistent in it's tone and flavor from start to end.  I was able to kick back and just relax while sipping away at it.

When I was finished, I reached for a second one... only to realize I'd only bought the one to review.  For one of the few times during this series, I got up and went to the liquor store JUST to buy another bottle.  A beer that is able to inspire me to do that is a "Good".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Justin Cider welcomes a Homewrecker to the Fanily

COVID-19 has impacted pretty much everything and, although some industries have slowly been able to get rolling again, sport is one that remains in limbo. This holds true for the world of Thrash Wrestling, which we in The Basement are a proud sponsor of. But the men and woman of Thrash Wrestling continue to challenge each other, and entertain fans, in a creative way. Which is why Jason and Shawn welcome Thrash Wrestler Justin Cider into the ring... err, Basement, when From The Basements takes over the Radio NL 610 AM airwaves at 6:05 tonight! Cider will update listeners on how Thrash Wrestling continues with social distancing in place. And he'll shed some light on the future of the sport, how people can support his Fanily, and more! And stick with us, as Justin joins The Basement Boys for a review of the new horror/comedy Homewrecker starring Alex Essoe and Precious Chong. Does this female-focused comedic thriller deliver the goods? Tune in after the 6 o'clock news ...

Top 5 quotes from the Rambo franchise

It's Rambo Day, which means it's a day we celebrate all things Rambo. And no, we didn't make that up. It's a real thing, and part of the lead in to Rambo: Last Blood coming out on Friday. We were going to celebrate by doing a Top 5 favourite Rambo kills, but the fine folks at Arrow in the Head already did something like that, so I figured why not share our favourite Rambo quotes. I like quotes. Quotes are good. Anyway, here we go with our Top 5, in no particular order: 5) "They drew first blood." - John Rambo, First Blood (1982) Because it's always cool when the hero references the title of the movie in a quote. 4) "Live for nothing, or die for something. Your call." - John Rambo, Rambo (2008) Because it's 100-per-cent truth, and is the exclamation mark on a great monologue by Stallone. 3) "I could have killed 'em all. I could kill you. In town, you're the law. Out here, it's me. Don't push it, or I'l...

Grace Victoria Patterson returns

What's this? Two podcasts From The Basement in less than nine months? Has the world gone mad!?! No, but when past Basement guest Grace Victoria Patterson asked nicely if she could return to this fine podcast, Jason and Shawn -- agreeable sorts that they are -- said yes. Hence we have this new episode for your ear holes! Grace provides an update on her career, which has seen the cheerleader-turned-actress appear in no fewer than eight films plus a TV series, with more projects on the way. She and Jason talk all about this, plus some other stuff. What kind of stuff? Stick with us! And stay tuned, as The Basement Boys discuss a whole slew of movies and television, including the Netflix Jimmy Savile documentary, The Batman, the horror romp The Cellar and more! It's podcasting that's so awesome, you'll be awesomed out by its awesomeness! What are you waiting for? Push play and enjoy!