Our resident Trekkie Mike S is likely squealing with manly glee at this news, as CBS All Access is moving forward with Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, a new series focusing on Capt. Christopher Pike and his exploits on the U.S.S. Enterprise a decade before Kirk took command.
Anson Mount, who played Pike on Star Trek: Discovery, will continue in the role, as will Ethan Peck as Spock. Rebecca Romijn will be Number One.
Akiva Goldsman will write the series premiere from a story by him and his Discovery and Picard co-executive producers Alex Kurtzman and Jenny Lumet.
I haven't watched Discovery, and only made it part way through Picard, which I enjoyed but didn't make a priority. I like Star Trek, but it's really not my thing, feature films aside. However, CBS All Access is hitting home run after home run with Star Trek these days, and the movie franchise seems dead in the water. Maybe it's time to dive in?
Source: TVLine
Anson Mount, who played Pike on Star Trek: Discovery, will continue in the role, as will Ethan Peck as Spock. Rebecca Romijn will be Number One.
Akiva Goldsman will write the series premiere from a story by him and his Discovery and Picard co-executive producers Alex Kurtzman and Jenny Lumet.
I haven't watched Discovery, and only made it part way through Picard, which I enjoyed but didn't make a priority. I like Star Trek, but it's really not my thing, feature films aside. However, CBS All Access is hitting home run after home run with Star Trek these days, and the movie franchise seems dead in the water. Maybe it's time to dive in?
Source: TVLine

Comments
Post a Comment