I'm swinging back into the MCU this week with the second Captain America film- 2014's "Captain America: The Winter Soldier"!
After being thawed out, Captain America is now an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. as the organization begins preparations for the implementation of its secret Project: Insight. Voicing his reservations about the project, Captain America soon realizes that things are very "wrong" with the organization.
Who can he trust?
And how is the mysterious assassin with the metal arm?
I have to say that the story for "Captain America: The Winter Solider" is one of the stronger ones within the MCU solo character movies. There's action, suspense, intrigue, humour. It's got all the elements of a great comic book movie. It's fast paced with just enough slower moments to allow for some decent character development. I loved the flow and the way it weaved its different plots and sub-plots together into a tightly made whole.
The characters are really strongly done in this instalment too. Steve Rogers, Fury, Maria Hill, and Natasha are back and getting a bit of growth. Sam Wilson and the return of Bucky Barnes add nicely to the characters. They are all interesting, fun, and engaging. Watching them, I was able to lose track of time a bit.
The acting was top notch in "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" as well. All of the performers brought their "A" games- giving each character and moment depth and reality. I forgot that I was watching people play characters. I was simply watching Captain America and the gang on the big screen. Special note to Sebastian Stan as Bucky. He was just amazing, and made the character really fascinating to watch- especially in the scenes where he doesn't say a damn thing. He just pulled you along into the story.
The action scenes are great, and the visual effects are fantastic. They really helped to make this movie exciting and fun to watch.
In the end, "Captain America: The Winter Solider" is a very strongly done movie. One you should watch- and one I will pop in again to re-watch. I'm giving it a "Good"!

Comments
Post a Comment