Star Trek: Picard rockets along with its second episode, distancing itself from previous incarnations while still paying tribute to what has boldly come before.
What's different, at least from this non-Trekkie's perspective? There's blood, swearing and intrigue to spare as we discover -- spoiler alert -- double dealings going on within Starfleet. Sure, such things were hinted at in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country and Star Trek Into Darkness, but this little conspiracy is proving most intriguing.
Oh, and there's some sex too, or at least a hint of it. Racy!
We do witness the synthetic's revolt on mars that prompted Picard to leave Starfleet, and caused the Romulan supernova which spawned the Kelvin timeline. This was a highlight for me. And Next Generation fans will surely delight at the return of Dr. Moritz Benayoun, who delivers some pretty bad news for our hero.
Once again, spoiler alert. I know; I'm such a dick.
All kidding and assholery aside, this is a solid episode in what is promising to be a highly entertaining series. Things are just starting to get... engaging... and we've only got six more episodes to go. I predict the series is going to hum along from here.
I'm giving this one a Good, and eagerly away next week's instalment.
What's different, at least from this non-Trekkie's perspective? There's blood, swearing and intrigue to spare as we discover -- spoiler alert -- double dealings going on within Starfleet. Sure, such things were hinted at in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country and Star Trek Into Darkness, but this little conspiracy is proving most intriguing.
Oh, and there's some sex too, or at least a hint of it. Racy!
We do witness the synthetic's revolt on mars that prompted Picard to leave Starfleet, and caused the Romulan supernova which spawned the Kelvin timeline. This was a highlight for me. And Next Generation fans will surely delight at the return of Dr. Moritz Benayoun, who delivers some pretty bad news for our hero.
Once again, spoiler alert. I know; I'm such a dick.
All kidding and assholery aside, this is a solid episode in what is promising to be a highly entertaining series. Things are just starting to get... engaging... and we've only got six more episodes to go. I predict the series is going to hum along from here.
I'm giving this one a Good, and eagerly away next week's instalment.

Comments
Post a Comment