Skip to main content

Q&A: Darcy Donovan

Hollywood hottie Darcy Donovan (Parks & Recreation, My Babysitter is a Vampire) is part of MovieMaze’s latest film, The Plumber.  Cloaked in mermaid gear, she’s a vital element of an interactive App that lets the player choose how the story unfolds. There’s been a lot of talk in the press about MovieMaze’s latest, because of Apple’s snootiness towards the film’s content (supposedly, it’s too violent and sexual for Apple!?), but it’s available on most other platforms. We spoke to Darcy about The Plumber.

First up, favorite horror movie?
When it comes to horror movies, I love the old school campy horror style with some of my favorites being "Halloween" and "Friday the 13th". I also really liked the new movie "The Possession" that my buddy Nana Gbewonyo was in. That movie was really freaky! Oh yeah, I loved the original "Poltergeist" too! Old style horror movies have an organic feel that can really scare the crap out of ya!!!lol:):)
Okay, favorite horror movie that you’ve been in?
I have only been in a few horror movies since I tend to do more television shows, dramas and comedies. I did love working on "My Babysitter is a Vampire" and "Lycanthrope" but all of that pales in comparison to spending 6 hours to be put into my "Werewolf" makeup for Moviemaze's first film "The Mechanic" That was an experience, let me tell ya. I definitely scared alot of the crew ;) lol
The Plumber seems to be more adventure or science-fiction than horror. How would you describe it?
I would describe it as more of a comedic Sci-Fi adventure. It's just like the "choose your own adventure" books  from when you were a kid. As the story progresses you have different options to choose from. The Plumber is really fun, because some of the choices will  lead you to some completely unexpected outcomes. ;) It keeps you guessing and that is what is so awesome about it:)
And you’re the female lead of the film, right?
Yes. I get to play the character of "The Mermaid", so Daryl Hannah eat your heart out. LOL!
Do players get to dictate what happens to your character in the film?
Absolutely. Based on the choices that you make, you direct what happens in the game. All sort of crazy things can happen so be prepared. LOL!
Is one of the options deciding whether the Plumber ends up with the girl (you)?
I'm not going to give it away but "maybe" the Plumber can get the girl in the end. ;)hee hee There are several endings so you will just have to play the game to find out. ;)
Have you ever been involved in anything this ambitious before? Did it take a lot more work than filming a regular series or movie?
Actually, I have found that it is much more challenging to film a game than it is to film a movie. There are so many more plotlines and ways that the story can go in a game and the lines change as the story changes. It makes it a lot more tricky to memorize the scenes. It was one of the most interesting projects that I have worked on. It did not take long to film. Production was on their game and because of that they were able to get all the scenes filmed in a very timely manner. We did have rehearsals before we filmed, so that everything would run smoothly.
Are you involved in any more traditional projects at the moment?
Right now, I am in the process of getting a music video done for my brand new single that is coming out and I just finished filming a co-star role on the television show "Parks and Recreation" alongside Chris Pratt. I was really excited that my last single "It's My Life", charted in the top ten on Itunes. I am also working on recording a few new tracks, as well as writing several books and a screenplay. I am getting ready to start filming on an action/suspense thriller film, “The Final Table”. I get to play the role of a poker champion, so I am really looking forward to that.  I LOVE poker so now I have to start working on my poker face. HAHA! LOL!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Justin Cider welcomes a Homewrecker to the Fanily

COVID-19 has impacted pretty much everything and, although some industries have slowly been able to get rolling again, sport is one that remains in limbo. This holds true for the world of Thrash Wrestling, which we in The Basement are a proud sponsor of. But the men and woman of Thrash Wrestling continue to challenge each other, and entertain fans, in a creative way. Which is why Jason and Shawn welcome Thrash Wrestler Justin Cider into the ring... err, Basement, when From The Basements takes over the Radio NL 610 AM airwaves at 6:05 tonight! Cider will update listeners on how Thrash Wrestling continues with social distancing in place. And he'll shed some light on the future of the sport, how people can support his Fanily, and more! And stick with us, as Justin joins The Basement Boys for a review of the new horror/comedy Homewrecker starring Alex Essoe and Precious Chong. Does this female-focused comedic thriller deliver the goods? Tune in after the 6 o'clock news ...

Top 5 quotes from the Rambo franchise

It's Rambo Day, which means it's a day we celebrate all things Rambo. And no, we didn't make that up. It's a real thing, and part of the lead in to Rambo: Last Blood coming out on Friday. We were going to celebrate by doing a Top 5 favourite Rambo kills, but the fine folks at Arrow in the Head already did something like that, so I figured why not share our favourite Rambo quotes. I like quotes. Quotes are good. Anyway, here we go with our Top 5, in no particular order: 5) "They drew first blood." - John Rambo, First Blood (1982) Because it's always cool when the hero references the title of the movie in a quote. 4) "Live for nothing, or die for something. Your call." - John Rambo, Rambo (2008) Because it's 100-per-cent truth, and is the exclamation mark on a great monologue by Stallone. 3) "I could have killed 'em all. I could kill you. In town, you're the law. Out here, it's me. Don't push it, or I'l...

Grace Victoria Patterson returns

What's this? Two podcasts From The Basement in less than nine months? Has the world gone mad!?! No, but when past Basement guest Grace Victoria Patterson asked nicely if she could return to this fine podcast, Jason and Shawn -- agreeable sorts that they are -- said yes. Hence we have this new episode for your ear holes! Grace provides an update on her career, which has seen the cheerleader-turned-actress appear in no fewer than eight films plus a TV series, with more projects on the way. She and Jason talk all about this, plus some other stuff. What kind of stuff? Stick with us! And stay tuned, as The Basement Boys discuss a whole slew of movies and television, including the Netflix Jimmy Savile documentary, The Batman, the horror romp The Cellar and more! It's podcasting that's so awesome, you'll be awesomed out by its awesomeness! What are you waiting for? Push play and enjoy!