Thursday, May 29, 2014

Sly Stallone's Cliffhanger boards the remake train

Keeping in the tradition of my recent viewing of The Summit, news broke today that yet another favourite from my more youthful days is getting remade -- Sylvester Stallone's mountain climbing thriller Cliffhanger.

Not much else is known, other than The Fast and the Furious producer Neal Moritz and StudioCanal are producing. Alleged up-and-coming screenwriter Joe Gazzam (never heard of him) is writing the thing.

I don't really know what else to say. I dig Cliffhanger. It's a fun and kinda cheesy action flick with some wicked stunts. How a remake can bring more to the table is a mystery to me and, although the role isn't iconic, I can't image anyone else as the lead another than Sly.

Besides, has anyone been clamouring for a Cliffhanger remake? Didn't think so.

In the meantime, groove on the original trailer, which is awesome:



Source: Deadline
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment