Skip to main content

First image from Johnny Depp's The Lone Ranger

OK, OK, Depp isn't actually playing the classic Western hero The Lone Ranger. That's actually Armie Hammer as the masked man. Depp is Tonto. In case you couldn't tell.

Director Gore Verbinski has take some liberties with the look of both legendary characters. Not being a purest, I'm not really concerned. I'm also not all that excited about the project either, but the casting is interesting and I don't mind what I see here. Judgement will be reserved for when some actual footage arrives.

My dad grew up a Lone Ranger fan and, by default, so did I. As long as this film doesn't make my old man roll over in his grave, I'll be happy.

The film is set for release May 31, 2013.

Comments

  1. Pretty much. Surprise, surprise. It's Bruckheimer and Disney pulling the strings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fear for this one. I loved The Lone Ranger and my hope is running on fumes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah man, it's tough to look forward to it. Hollywood has fucked too many good things up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking... I'll pass on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yep I don't know what has happened to Depp... all that private island living has made him forget what he was once GREAT at... they say power corrupts, for me I think time does too, in a more lasting and upsetting sense.
    It's almost a shame that Depp hasn't aged, he would be a much better character actor if he had gained a bit of weight and a few lines on the face...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Justin Cider welcomes a Homewrecker to the Fanily

COVID-19 has impacted pretty much everything and, although some industries have slowly been able to get rolling again, sport is one that remains in limbo. This holds true for the world of Thrash Wrestling, which we in The Basement are a proud sponsor of. But the men and woman of Thrash Wrestling continue to challenge each other, and entertain fans, in a creative way. Which is why Jason and Shawn welcome Thrash Wrestler Justin Cider into the ring... err, Basement, when From The Basements takes over the Radio NL 610 AM airwaves at 6:05 tonight! Cider will update listeners on how Thrash Wrestling continues with social distancing in place. And he'll shed some light on the future of the sport, how people can support his Fanily, and more! And stick with us, as Justin joins The Basement Boys for a review of the new horror/comedy Homewrecker starring Alex Essoe and Precious Chong. Does this female-focused comedic thriller deliver the goods? Tune in after the 6 o'clock news ...

Top 5 quotes from the Rambo franchise

It's Rambo Day, which means it's a day we celebrate all things Rambo. And no, we didn't make that up. It's a real thing, and part of the lead in to Rambo: Last Blood coming out on Friday. We were going to celebrate by doing a Top 5 favourite Rambo kills, but the fine folks at Arrow in the Head already did something like that, so I figured why not share our favourite Rambo quotes. I like quotes. Quotes are good. Anyway, here we go with our Top 5, in no particular order: 5) "They drew first blood." - John Rambo, First Blood (1982) Because it's always cool when the hero references the title of the movie in a quote. 4) "Live for nothing, or die for something. Your call." - John Rambo, Rambo (2008) Because it's 100-per-cent truth, and is the exclamation mark on a great monologue by Stallone. 3) "I could have killed 'em all. I could kill you. In town, you're the law. Out here, it's me. Don't push it, or I'l...

Grace Victoria Patterson returns

What's this? Two podcasts From The Basement in less than nine months? Has the world gone mad!?! No, but when past Basement guest Grace Victoria Patterson asked nicely if she could return to this fine podcast, Jason and Shawn -- agreeable sorts that they are -- said yes. Hence we have this new episode for your ear holes! Grace provides an update on her career, which has seen the cheerleader-turned-actress appear in no fewer than eight films plus a TV series, with more projects on the way. She and Jason talk all about this, plus some other stuff. What kind of stuff? Stick with us! And stay tuned, as The Basement Boys discuss a whole slew of movies and television, including the Netflix Jimmy Savile documentary, The Batman, the horror romp The Cellar and more! It's podcasting that's so awesome, you'll be awesomed out by its awesomeness! What are you waiting for? Push play and enjoy!