Saturday, June 25, 2011

Micro Review: Battle Los Angeles

A mantastic piece of film entertainment that is one part gritty war film and another part slick alien invasion flick. Think Saving Private Ryan meets Independence Day and you've kinda got the right idea. Aaron Eckhart provides a solid anchor as the marine staff sergeant charged with helping fight off the otherworldly invaders. But the real stars are the action scenes and way cool space aliens. The film is thin on story and character, but that's not the point here. This is one prolonged and brilliant combat sequence, and it's a great ride. One worth taking several times. A Good for Battle Los Angeles.

1 comment:

  1. Battle: Los Angeles was definitely one of the best movies that I have seen this year. It was an awesome combination of war movie and alien invasion! All of the action kept me hooked to the movie. I definitely plan on watching it again! I just finished watching Battle: Los Angeles here at home and I definitely enjoyed it. Best part about it, was that it was only $.99! I am a customer and employee of DISH Network, and I know that right now, DISH Network is celebrating Independence Day by showing 5 different movies, including Battle: Los Angeles for only $.99 through July 7th! I’d say to go to http://bit.ly/lXX58L to see what movies are out! I wonder what movie I should see next…

    ReplyDelete