Everyone is afraid of something. Yes- even you Mr. Macho Man. Everyone.
Fear is the product that the horror genre trades in- using our fears and phobias to pull a reaction out of us, and to entertain us.
So, with that in mind, here are my Top Five Phobias, I'd like to see a horror movie about:
1. Octophobia is the fear of the number 8. Maybe a movie where a gathering of 8 characters start being killed off in ways related to the number 8.
2. Selenaphobia is the fear of the moon. This would make a lot of sense in a werewolf movie where the protagonist is convinced (or really is) a werewolf, and is trying to prevent the change.
3. Ailurphobia is the fear of cats. Maybe a version of "The Birds", involving common house cats gathering and stalking humans instead.
4. Teraphobia is the fear of monsters in the closet or under the bed. This one is pretty self explanatory- especially if the protagonist is a child. They're afraid of something in the closet... for good reason.
5. Technophobia is the fear of technology. This one would fit in perfectly with a conspiracy theory horror film in which the protagonist believe that the machines are gaining sentience and taking over. An ambiguous ending would work well.
So, there you have it- my Top Five Phobias to base a movie on. What phobias would YOU like to see a movie based on?