Skip to main content

Halloween Day by Day: Top Five Horror Funko Pops I Want


If you're a collector, then you're all aware of what Funko Pops are- "cute" little figures based on all sorts of movie, television, and comic book characters.  Well, I've compiled a list of the Top Five Horror Funko Pops I Want...

Alien Face Hugger-  Let's start with one from one of my favorite franchises: "Aliens".  The Face Hugger is an iconic alien terror that brings tremors of fear to pretty much anyone that thinks about what it does to you.

But hey, it's also giving you free hugs, so it's not ALL bad... right?

I don't think a collector of "Aliens" merch would wish to NOT have this one in their inventory.

And let's face it... it's kinda cute... in a creepy sort of way, right?

Right

Ash-  Seriously, given my love of horror and comedy, you all had to expect that Ash from the "Evil Dead" franchise would be on this list.

This one just looks really cool, with Ash bearing his trademark boomstick and chainsaw.  I also really like the way the blood splatter looks on it.

I have two other "serious" Ash figures that I think this one would look great standing among as the forces of the Deadites advance towards me from the shadowy pages of the Necronomicon.

And- it's still cute.

Pennywise-  This is actually a two for one item on this list, as I want BOTH the classic Tim Curry version, and the newer Bill Skarsgard version.  The actors really made Pennywise scary and entertaining at the same time.

When it comes to Stephen King horror, Pennywise is one of his greatest creations- and the movies have been just amazing.  It's just a great character that brings the fear of clowns that people have to vibrant life.

Besides, every horror collection needs a few creepy (but still cute) clowns lurking behind a red balloon... or over their computer monitor in the dead of night as they write articles like this...

Michael Myers-  Who could forget my boi, Michael Myers, eh?  No one!  I must admit that this one- while still... cute... is actually a little more un-settling than the others on this list.  It's the way they did the eye holes of the mask.

But I love it none the less.  This is definitely one that I would proudly display on my desk with all the other macabre and spooky items I've collected over the years.

Just not sure how long I'd be able to sit writing with that "blank, pale, emotionless face... and the blackest eyes... the Devil's eyes..." staring at me silently watching me...

The Wolfman-  Being a lover of older horror movies, I felt it would be appropriate to include a classic Universal Studios Monster on this list.   You'd expect Dracula, or Frankenstein, right?  Well, I want the under appreciated Wolfman.

I really just like the way they did his pants, and the hair on this figure.  It's just a fun and cute one to have.  I always enjoyed how his hair in the movie was always nicely combed back and looked styled.  Makes me smile.

Though, I wouldn't be overly surprised if in the middle of a moonlit night, I heard little, high pitched wolf howls.

So, there we have it- my Top Five Horror Funko Pops I Want.  Do you have any you'd like to recommend I add to my collection?  Let us know!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#CocktailHour: Slushtail

  Summer approaches, inspiring thoughts of sunshine, backyard parties, and having a tip and sip with friends.  With that in mind, I bring you this week sunny beverage. To make a slushtail, mix a can of frozen orange juice, a can of frozen lemonade (or limeade), a can of pineapple juice, a couple cups of black tea (or English Breakfast), and two cups of bourbon- such as Southern Comfort, in a pitcher.  When it's all nicely mixed, put it in the freezer until it's a nice slushy consistency. Scoop the slush into a cocktail glass, and pour in some Sprite or 7-Up.  Add a little umbrella for some frivolous fun, and a straw. Voila!  Ready to enjoy. This is a very refreshing drink.  The fruit juices, Sprite, and bourbon- when chilled makes for a great punch-like drink.  The bourbon doesn't overwhelm juices.   In fact, they are all nicely balanced in terms of flavors.  The sourness of the citrus fruits contrasts well with the slightly sweeter Southern Comfort.  It was refreshing enou

Unlock your fate with The Puzzle

When my dad wasn't working, building stuff or being my dad, he was making puzzles. It was a guaranteed way for him to unwind. So it was with great interest that I sat down to watch Italian filmmaker Davide Melini's award-winning short The Puzzle. You see, the mother in the five-minute film likes to relax with puzzles just like my dad. Unfortunately, her good-for-nothing son keeps harassing her for money. Losing herself in her favourite passtime, the mother soon discovers that completing this puzzle might unlock a nightmare. The Puzzle has been an official selection at more European film festivals than you can shake a stick at, and was voted Third Best Italian Film at the Rome International Film Festival in 2008. Having watched it, I'm not surprised. It's a tight little film that hits you hard in the final few seconds. You can tell Melini cut his teeth as an assistant director for legendary Italian filmmaker Dario Argento. But enough chit chat on my part. See if yo

The Animated Addict: "The Adventures of Tintin" (2011)

If you're a 40 + white dude, like myself, you may remember a comic series called " The Adventures of Tintin ".  I know I remember them.  This series, dating back to 1929, got turned into a animated feature film by Steven Spielberg in 2011. After buying a model of ship called The Unicorn, teenaged journalist Tintin finds himself on adventure that will take him from the high seas, to the low deserts, and from the distant past to the present.  With his trusty dog, Snowy, by his side, Tintin uncovers a story connecting two men across the centuries.. . The story is really quite good.  It's well crafted, and high paced- with just enough slow moments to build and develop the world and the characters.  This is the sort of adventure story you'd find in the old serials of the 1930's and '40's.  In fact, it felt like it was the sort of tale that you'd find Indiana Jones undertaking.  I found myself swept up, and swept along as our hero swung from one e