With the recent release of the "Aquaman" and "Shazam!" movie trailers, I started thinking about a few of my favorite DC Comics characters that I felt deserve to be on the big screen.
Without further ado, here they are in alphabetical order:
1. Deadman/Boston Brand: A former circus trapeze artist, Boston Brand was murdered during his act. Unable to cross over, he became a spirit that had the ability to possess the living. Using this power he searched for his killer. When teamed up with characters like John Constantine and Zatanna, the possibility for supernatural detective stories is amazing.
2. Elongated Man/Ralph Dibney: After ingesting the Gingold root, Ralph gained the ability to stretch his body. Coupled with his detective skills, he was actually a formidable- though more light hearted hero... respected by even Batman. This character could bring some much needed light humour to the DCEU in the same vein as the "Shazam!" film, not to mention bring one of the most beloved comic marriages to the big screen as well.
3. Phantom Lady: There have been multiple women that have taken the name of "Phantom Lady"- who could phase through objects and turn invisible. Personally, I lean towards the Pre-Crisis on Infinite Earths version from Earth-X where World War II was won by the Nazis.
4. The Sandman/Wesley Dodds: Part of the "Justice Society of America", The Sandman fought crime using prophetic dreams and a special sleeping sand gun. The Vertigo imprint version from "The Sandman Mystery Theatre" would be perfect for a modern detective noir style film.
5. Zatanna: The daughter of a magician, Zatanna uses her own magical abilities to fight supernatural threats. This could allow for some visually stunning, and eerie stories.
So, those are my Top 5 DC Heroes whom I think deserve a big screen adaptation. Do you think they'd add to the depth of the DCEU?